SHORT HISTORY OF ANFOEGA PARISH
THE BIRTH OF THE PARISH
The birth of the Parish took a long and painful labour. It all began when Mr. Urban, the dynamic Catechist at Wademaxe at that time made an appeal to Bishop Augustine Herman, the first Bishop of the Diocese after the departure of the German S.V.D. missionaries from the area. The Bishop, however. launched the debate on the topic among Anfoega and Vakpo communities.
In 1953, the Anfoega, Vakpo communities comprising Aveme Danyigba, Aveme Berne, Awate - Todzi, Tsrukpe, Wusuta and Botoku held a meeting at Vakpo to discuss the possibility of forming a Parish either at Vakpo or Anfoega. That meeting, however, ended in a deadlock following the disagreement as to where the Presbytery would be.